Mt Shivling is arguably the most beautiful peak in the Himalayan region of India located in the Gangotri Valley. The top of the mountain resembles a Shiv Lingam and hence the name. The front portion of the Shivling as viewed from Gaumukh(the source of the Ganga) resembles the face of the Indian God Ganesha. Hence the peak is greatly revered not only by the locals but also by many trekkers and mountaineers who have been to the region. True to its name, the Shivling is a very challenging and technical peak and requires a good deal of expertise.
Base Camp: Tapovan (4463m)
Camp I: Altitude 5300m
Camp II: Altitude 5900m
Summit: Altitude 6543m
The following is an itinerary for Mt. Shivling expedition. The itinerary can be customized to start from Delhi/Rishikesh /Dehradun at an additional cost. Kindly reach out to us for any customization.
Cost for Indian Nationals @ INR 145000 per person + 5% GST
The Trip Cost Includes
- Accommodation on twin Sharing basis Uttarkashi to Uttarkashi
- Transport Uttarkashi to Uttarkashi
- Gangotri National park Parmits
- All meals Gangotri to Gangotri
- Sleeping bag tents Mattresses Kitchen tent Dining tent toilet tent and all Expedition Equipment
- First Aid Medical Kit(Your guide will carry the Medical Kit but we also advise to bring yourself for your own use, as far as possible)
- Services of experienced Expedition leader
- Services of a cook and kitchen staff till base camp
- porters carrying common trek /Expedition equipment Till base camp
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Transfers to/from Uttarkashi. It can be arranged from Dehradun at an additional cost. Please reach out to us if you need the same.
- Porters for carrying personal luggage. It can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 3500 per 20kg load of rucksack. Till base camp
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, telephone, laundry, etc
- Any other expenses of a personal nature.
- GST of 5%
- IMF Peak Booking Fee for foreign nationals USD 350 for a team of 2 members and USD 250 for every additonal member upto 10members.
- Forest Permit / Camping Fee for foreign nationals (USD 880-1000 upto group of 10)
- Mandatory Liaison Officer Fee for foreign expeditions ( ~USD 500 for group of 10)