Mt. Gangotri III is located in the Gangotri Valley of the Garhwal region of the Himalayas in the state of Uttarakhand, India. It is one among the group of 3 peaks Gangotri I, Gangotri II and Gangotri III which rise above the RuduGaira Glacier. This group is flanked by Mt Rudugaira to its right and Auden’s Col pass to the left.
Base Camp: Rudugaira altitude of 4500m.
Camp I: Altitude at 5000m
Summit Camp: Altitude at 5900m
The following is an itinerary for Mt. Gangotri 3 expedition. The itinerary can be customized to start from Delhi/Rishikesh /Dehradun at an additional cost. Kindly reach out to us for any customization.
Arrive at Uttarkashi
Drive from Uttarkashi to Gangotri (3140m)
Acclimatization Day at Gangotri. Climbers can hike around the area to visit places like the Surya Kund and Pandava Gufa (cave).
Trek 8km from Gangotri to Nala Camp (3658m).
Trek 7km from Nala Camp to Rudugaira and set up Base Camp here(4500m). This also serves as the Base Camp for climbing Mt Rudugaira, a trekking peak. Click here
Acclimatization Day at Base Camp. We will prepare today for our climb next day to Camp I. We will sort out all climbing gear, equipment etc. Porters will accompany us only until the Base Camp, unless requested for by the client in which case High Altitude Porters(HAP) will have to be hired.
Route opening and load ferry from Base Camp to Camp I (5000m).
load ferry from Base Camp to Camp I and back to base camp
Today we set up our Camp here at camp 1
Load fery from Camp 1 To Summit camp and back to Camp 1
Load ferry from Camp I to Summit Camp (5900m) and back to Camp I.
Camp I to Summit Camp. We will prepare for our Summit attempt next day
Summit Attempt and back to Camp I.
Camp I to Base Camp.
Base Camp to Gangotri
Gangotri to Uttarkashi
Climbers are advised to have at least 2 reserve days
Cost for Indian Nationals @ INR 85000 per person + 5% GST
The Trip Cost Includes
- Accommodation on twin Sharing basis Gangotri to Gangotri
- Transport Uttarkashi to Uttarkashi
- Gangotri National park Parmits
- All meals Gangotri to Gangotri
- Sleeping bag tents Mattresses Kitchen tent Dining tent toilet tent
- First Aid Medical Kit(Your guide will carry the Medical Kit but we also advise to bring yourself for your own use, as far as possible)
- services of experienced Expedition leader
- services of a cook and kitchen staff till base camp
- porters carrying common trek /Expedition equipment till base camp
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Transfers to/from Uttarkashi. It can be arranged from Dehradun at an additional cost. Please reach out to us if you need the same.
- Porters for carrying personal luggage. It can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 3500 per 20kg load of rucksack. Till base camp
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, telephone, laundry, etc
- Any other expenses of a personal nature.
- GST of 5%
- IMF Peak Booking Fee for foreign nationals USD 350 for a team of 2 members and USD 250 for every additonal member upto 10 members.
- Forest Permit / Camping Fee for foreign nationals (USD 880-1000 upto group of 10)
- Mandatory Liaison Officer Fee for foreign expeditions ( ~USD 500 for group of 10)