Mt. Satopanth is located in the Gangotri Valley of the Garhwal region of the Himalayas in the state of Uttarakhand, India. Being a “seven thousander” and the 2nd highest peak in the Gangotri Valley, it is considered to be a good practice climbing opportunity for Everest hopefuls. The climb is a complex one over glaciers and the approach to the summit takes one over a knife-edge ridge, thus making it a very technical and challenging climb.
Base Camp: Vasuki Tal at an altitude of 4800m.
Advanced Base Camp: Altitude 5130m.
Camp 1: 5800m
Summit Camp: 6200m
The following is an itinerary for Mt Satopanth expedition. The itinerary can be customized to start from Delhi/Rishikesh at an additional cost. Kindly reach out to us for any customization
Cost for Indian Nationals @ INR 145000 per person + 5% GST
The Trip Cost Includes
- Accommodation on twin Sharing basis Gangotri to Gangotri
- Transport Uttarkshi to Uttarkashi
- Gangotri National park Parmits
- All meals Gangotri to Gangotri
- Sleeping bag tents Mattresses Kitchen tent Dining tent toilet tent and all Expedition Equipment
- First Aid Medical Kit(Your guide will carry the Medical Kit but we also advise to bring yourself for your own use, as far as possible)
- Services of experienced Expedition leader/Guide
- Services of a cook and kitchen staff till base camp
- porters carrying common trek /Expedition equipment till base camp
- All the required permits and paperwork
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Porters for carrying personal luggage. It can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 4500 per 20kg load of rucksack. Till base camp
- Transfers to/from Uttarkashi. It can be arranged from Dehradun at an additional cost. Please reach out to us if you need the same.
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, telephone, laundry, etc
- Any other expenses of a personal nature.
- GST of 5%
- IMF Peak Booking Fee for foreign nationals USD 1000 for a team of 2 members and USD 450 for every additonal member upto 10 members.
- Forest Permit / Camping Fee for foreign nationals (USD 850-1150 upto group of 10)
- Mandatory Liaison Officer Fee for foreign expeditions ( ~USD 500 for group of 10)