Mt. Satopanth is located in the Gangotri Valley of the Garhwal region of the Himalayas in the state of Uttarakhand, India. Being a “seven thousander” and the 2nd highest peak in the Gangotri Valley, it is considered to be a good practice climbing opportunity for Everest hopefuls. The climb is a complex one over glaciers and the approach to the summit takes one over a knife-edge ridge, thus making it a very technical and challenging climb.
Base Camp: Vasuki Tal at an altitude of 4800m.
Advanced Base Camp: Altitude 5130m.
Camp 1: 5800m
Summit Camp: 6200m
The following is an itinerary for Mt Satopanth expedition. The itinerary can be customized to start from Delhi/Rishikesh at an additional cost. Kindly reach out to us for any customization
Arrive at Uttarkashi and check in to a hotel.
Drive 100km to reach Gangotri, the nearest road head. Witness the Ganga Arati in the evening.
Acclimatization Day at Gangotri. Climbers can hike around the area to visit places like the Surya Kund and Pandava Gufa (cave).
Trek 14km from Gangotri to Bhojbabsa (3700m). We will set up our camps here.
Trek 11km from Bhojbasa to Nandanvan (4400m). Overnight in tents.
Trek 6km from Nandanvan to Vasuki Tal(4800m). We set up our Base Camp here.
Acclimatization Day at Vasuki Tal. We will prepare today for our climb next day to ABC. We will sort out all climbing gear, equipment etc. Porters will accompany us only until the Base Camp, unless requested for by the client in which case High Altitude Porters(HAP) will have to be hired.
Climbers will ferry load to Advanced Base Camp at 5100m and will come back to the Base Camp for 2 days. This will serve as acclimatization as well.
We will ferry load to Advanced Base Camp and return to base camp again today.
Today We will set up camp at Advanced Base Camp .
Load Ferry to Camp 1 and Back to Advance Camp (5100m)
We will set up camp at Camp 1 today.
Load Ferry to Summit Camp and return to Camp 1.By now ,you Should be well acclimatized and ready to climb to the Summit Camp on the next day
Today we climb to the Summit Camp and set up our Camps here. Our Sherpas will Start Opening the route to the summit.
Today we will be Opening the route to the Summit . This will involve fixing rope across the knife ridge towards the Summit
Today is D-day. We will make our first attempt at summiting Mt. Satopanth 7075m. After Summiting ,we will return to our Summit Camp.
Wind up summit Camp and return to Advance Camp
wind up Advance base camp and return to our Base Camp at Vasuki Tal
Trek back from Vasuki Tal to Bhojbasa
Trek back to Gangotri
After breakfast drive back to Uttarkashi
Climbers are advised to have at least 2 reserve days
Cost for Indian Nationals @ INR 165000 per person + 5% GST
The Trip Cost Includes
- Accommodation on twin Sharing basis Gangotri to Gangotri
- Transport Uttarkshi to Uttarkashi
- Gangotri National park Parmits
- All meals Gangotri to Gangotri
- Sleeping bag tents Mattresses Kitchen tent Dining tent toilet tent and all Expedition Equipment
- First Aid Medical Kit(Your guide will carry the Medical Kit but we also advise to bring yourself for your own use, as far as possible)
- Services of experienced Expedition leader/Guide
- Services of a cook and kitchen staff till base camp
- porters carrying common trek /Expedition equipment till base camp
- All the required permits and paperwork
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Porters for carrying personal luggage. It can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 4500 per 20kg load of rucksack. Till base camp
- Transfers to/from Uttarkashi. It can be arranged from Dehradun at an additional cost. Please reach out to us if you need the same.
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, telephone, laundry, etc
- Any other expenses of a personal nature.
- GST of 5%
- IMF Peak Booking Fee for foreign nationals USD 1000 for a team of 2 members and USD 450 for every additonal member upto 10 members.
- Forest Permit / Camping Fee for foreign nationals (USD 850-1150 upto group of 10)
- Mandatory Liaison Officer Fee for foreign expeditions ( ~USD 500 for group of 10)